Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Lost in Time

When you suddenly find that you are missing time, then something is really weird or something somewhere has gone terribly wrong. Consider this…

I distinctly remember looking at my watch, which read about 3:20pm, when I left the lab and walked about a hundred and fifty meters to the little shack. Allowing for five minutes to dawdle and the average walking speed of humans being about 4kmph I must have reached the shack at approximately in about 167 seconds or about 2.7 minutes. Again, I shall approximate it to 5 minutes. Which means I reached the shack at 3:30pm, when I lit a cigarette and smoked it.

Krishna gave me the cup of coffee as I stubbed out the cigarette. The time should now read about 3:35pm, because I know for a fact that I take about five minutes on the average to smoke a fag.

I glance at my watch which read 4:00pm now!!!!! I simply have no recollection about 25 minutes except a dull pain around my temple. I haven’t blacked out or fallen because then I would have woken up in a hospital or with water on my face. Which wasn’t the case. I don’t know what happened, but I just lost twenty-five minutes of my life and I have no clue.

I know this must sound like a blurb out of some sci-fi movies about aliens, but I swear all this is 100% true. I checked out all the times with my friends. Am I going crazy?

“I just cant help myself, I’m feeling like I’m going out of my head. Uncanny strange déjà vu, but I don’t mind. I hope to find the truth…”

Strange déjà vu, Scenes from a Memory - Dream Theater.

No comments: