Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Tagged!

I got tagged. Here goes the most difficult post I have had to write – twenty things about myself.

1. I guess therefore I maybe. I am a very confused soul. I have no idea what I want to be. It currently is a fair fight between engineer, drummer, chef, musician ad wildlife photographer. In the past it has been ninja, barber, cobbler and an assassin. No kidding…I swear.
2. I am very gullible. I can trust people very easily. If someone is nice enough to me and lends me a kindly ear, I will spill my guts and tell them the color of my underwear.
3. I wish I could fly.
4. I am crazy about food. And crazier about while reading my favorite book while eating. I will eat almost anything that falls under the category of junk food. I love snacking on potato chips.
5. I am an absolute weirdo. I am big fan of hard rock and metal and Carnatic classical. I can even recognize a handful of ragams. I can swear colorfully in four languages and I know a smattering of the ‘Vedas’.
6. I wanted to grow my hair long. I still do, but a couple of days back I was forced into cutting it short. My hairdresser(yeah…I go to a hairdresser, not a barber) thought that it was a pity to cut such long hair, so he gave me this really nifty look.
7. I think I can fall in love very easily. And that makes me think that my definition of love is not exactly what the majority of humankind calls love. Never mind, I realized that writing my own operating system a la Linus Torvalds style is easier than figuring out women and falling in love with one. It will happen when it will, you cannot stop or predict the inevitable, I guess. Whatever, inevitable might be.
8. I obsess about stuff. From people, to tunes, to problems and god knows what. Something that I cannot place or find an answer to haunts me for a long time and it eventually drives me crazy. If someone hurt me, it takes me really long to heal.
9. I have a very very short fuse. My temper scares me and I can fly into a wild rage at a moments notice. I end up shouting at people for no fault of theirs and later I have to go down on my knees and say sorry. I don’t really mind saying sorry.
10. I hate people who lie. And that too without tact. If I know someone is lying I will go to great lengths to prove that they are and then blow up at them.
11. I believe that everyone is beautiful and great in their own right. Everyone is special and everyone deserves a fair chance and a second chance.
12. I don’t really believe much in God. It’s not like I hate God, it’s just that if he is there then I am glad that he is there. If he isn’t there then I am sorry, that a lot of people simply wasted their lives trying to find him.
13. I am a fairly contended guy. I think I have pretty much of what I need. A loving family, lots of friends, a bunch of people to bitch about, a little extra cash to blow. Right now all I want is a doctorate and nice satisfying teaching job in about five years from now. And someone to watch the sun set into the ocean.
14. I simply love to read. Comics and books are something that I hoard whenever I find I have the money to buy them. I don’t read vague intellectual stuff. I am very happy reading stuff that people have heard about.
15. I am a die-hard quizzer. Or, at least, I used to be. Some where along the line all that enthusiasm evaporated. I am desperately trying to find some way of getting it all back. Help…!!! I wish I were funny enough, too.
16. I am a loner. I like people, but most of the times I am very comfortable on my own, partly because I am scared that I might rub people the wrong way. I have little tact and subtlety. I sit on the beach for hours together at a stretch. I have spent a whole night on the beach all alone. I am creature of the night.
17. The people I love and care about I cannot live without. I constantly need to talk to them just to know that they are there. And I miss folks terribly…very terribly.
18. I am self-styled experimental cook. I get high by throwing random things into a pan on the fire and then mix it all up to get something that tastes brilliant. My success rate is slightly more than fifty percent. If not an engineer then definitely a restaurateur. Some thing exclusive and small and homely, maybe.
19. I like to write. I hope someday, something I write will become famous and some one will walk up to me on the street and say, “Aren’t you the guy who wrote…” But the writing is getting harder and harder by the day. I am going to make a resolution this New Year to write more often. And I have a very bad track record of keeping up resolution.
20. I dream. Day dream, at night, in buses, in class, while studying…almost everywhere. They range from bizarre to normal to dark and foreboding. Most of them are what will never happen, but then what’s a dream if you don’t dream it!

And…I guess that’s it. Thanks, silverine.

Wtmewry and M are hereby declared tagged. Go write twenty things about yourselves. Else face my wrath!

3 comments:

Ganja Turtle said...

Deeply connect and empathize with the ninja/assasin part ;-)...after reading Ludlum and Lustbader during college, many were the days I tried to maintain peripheral vision while on the street and checked out escape routes as soon as I entered a room!

As for quizzing, maybe you can try to get enrolled into the quizfoundation egroups- I was until the sysadmin took the indescribably sage decision to block the group mail and thus subverted any attempts that I might have made at crashing my company's comp network.

And about the dreams, we all do...of marrying Lady Diana, of being accidentally born as Superman and of dying bravely taking four men down in the jungles of Burma during WW2 - no sweat,dude!

Safari Al said...

@ganja turtle: thanks man. really nice of you to drop by. yeah...i still do all that paranoid thing when i am on the street. i look around a coupla minutes before entering any room. at one point of time i used walk around with a knife and sleep with it near my bed. pity its a little rusted now.

and thanks for dropping by.

silverine said...

Me too wanted to be in different careers as a kid. A pilot one day, to a Doctor the next day :))
And quizzing is something I did in school and college, still watch Quiz shows and try and get the answers while learning in the process. I have so many general Knowledge books, but you if you give me another one I will soon be immersed in it. I hate potato chips but love the fries.Me too hate people who lie cos I rather say the truth and face the music(as it wont last long) than lie and try and cover it up with more lies.
This was a great tag to read :)